The EIT Regional Innovation Scheme accelerates climate innovation across Europe. EIT RIS facilitates connections into our established EIT Climate-KIC innovation hubs, currently in nine countries, which in turn act as a bridge into our pan-European network.
In Portugal, we work in collaboration with a number of organisations, including the Nova University of Lisbon, one of the country’s most prestigious universities, and Building Global Innovators, a deep technology accelerator and Lisboa E-Nova, Lisbon’s Energy and Environment Agency. These three institutions form the EIT Climate-KIC Portugal Hub whose vision is to be the leading alliance on the topics of climate innovation and education in Portugal by 2023.
The Hub aims to achieve this by promoting ideation, co-creation and demonstration of innovative solutions with systems innovation approaches, in collaboration with the broader EIT Climate-KIC community, as well as by fostering business creation, public-private partnerships and attracting private funding, towards a sustainable and resilient society.
Education Strategic Programmes
- Pioneers into Practice: Pioneers is using systems innovation thinking to equip the next generation of climate innovators with the practical tools needed to reach a net-zero economy. The programme is delivered locally by FCT NOVA with the collaboration of BGI and Lisboa e-NOVA.
- Journey: Europe’s largest climate innovation summer school for graduates and young professionals, delivered locally by FCT NOVA and BGI.
- Climate Innovation Leadership: The programme is built on experience and learnings from the EIT Climate-KIC Master School programme, and it can provide the students with the set of skills they will need to lead change. The programme is delivered locally by FCT NOVA.
- ClimAccelerator: The biggest network of cleantech and sustainability companies and institutions inside the EU. The Programme delivered locally by BGI.
- MEDCLIV: The MEDCLIV project is funded by Climate-KIC, and coordinated by the Edmund Mach Foundation (IT). Institutions from 6 Mediterranean countries are partners in this initiative: France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Cyprus and Slovenia. MEDCLIV draws on French experiences of participatory foresight, and the construction of collaborative platforms, to support the emergence of comparable approaches in several Mediterranean countries.
- CRISI-ADAPT II: The project aims to monitor and improve the adaptation planning through a real-time implementation and validation according to near and seasonal range forecast of climate risks.
Universidade Nova de Lisboa
c/o EIT Climate-KIC Hub Portugal
Faculty of Sciences and Technology
Campus da Caparica
2829-516 Caparica, Portugal
Tel: +351 212 948 300
For more information do not hesitate to contact the EIT Climate-KIC RIS team: