Over the past 10 years, the EIT Climate-KIC accelerator programme has been a major climate innovation solution provider, with over 1,500 solutions supported and nearly €1 billion of capital secured.
As we move forward, partnerships are at the forefront of our entrepreneurship programmes. We must harness the full force of a diverse, global, connected community to create the exponential effects we need to unlock systemic change.
Our entrepreneurship pipeline has shifted into multi-stakeholder and transformational programmes. The Climathon programme for citizen activation and ideation first plants the seeds of inspiration. Our incubator, ClimateLaunchpad, then helps innovators turn ideas into climate-positive businesses – we’ve supported over 3,000 of them! Finally, ClimAccelerator scales and accelerates these start-ups through radical collaboration and sharing resources.
Entrepreneurs and their teams can only go so far. They need ideation support, business skills, access to networks, finance and mentorship opportunities. That’s where EIT Climate-KIC comes in. We pride ourselves in covering the entire pipeline of start-up development to unleash business solutions at the number, scale and speed required for systemic change.
Together, these programmes bridge the gap between climate-positive ideas and large-scale impact. Citizens, students, experts, corporates, governments, and entrepreneurs can connect with a global ecosystem of breakthrough solutions in emissions reduction and climate adaptation.
Join our programmes to unleash the innovation potential of solutions that shape a climate-positive new normal.
Successful innovation starts with a good idea
Our ideation and open innovation programmes help create the conditions to fuel inspiration, garner fresh thinking, raise visibility for or promote engagement with a climate challenge. We help innovation teams identify and define ideas, offer support in putting together a network of partners, and provide seed funding to get things moving.
- Climathon is a global 24-hour climate change hackathon that takes place simultaneously in major cities around the world every year. It attracts innovators, entrepreneurs, students and professionals to come together to create innovative solutions to climate challenges.
- ClimateLaunchpad is the world’s largest green business idea competition. Its mission is to unlock the world’s cleantech potential that addresses climate change. Each year the competition creates a stage for over 1,000 ideas to flourish, with partners in 35+ countries offering training, coaching, and financial support.
Start-ups shaping a climate-positive new normal
ClimAccelerator is a global programme giving start-ups access to innovate, catalyse and scale the potential of their climate solutions.
In a global community of organisers, we run both theme-based and place-based acceleration programs. It goes beyond European borders, building a bridge between our world’s industry experts and systems to break new ground in carbon reduction.
With the European Green Deal and Paris Agreement as north stars, breakthrough businesses with proven climate impact technologies and partners need one powerful platform where they can connect and scale towards true industry transformation.
It’s time to unleash the innovation potential of start-ups to shape a climate-positive new normal.
Applying the Climate Impact Framework
Climate impact is at the core of EIT Climate-KIC entrepreneurship programmes. We apply a Climate Impact Framework to guide start-ups in their journey to understand how to self-assess the climate impact of their product or service and improve its environmental footprint. The five-step methodology includes:
- Hypothesis: Customisable questionnaire for start-ups to explore their climate impact and business model.
- Workshop: Session on Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) basics and how to forecast avoided emissions potential via dedicated software.
- Coaching: 1:1 guided support from a climate impact sector expert.
- Validation: Third-party review of start-ups’ potential climate & environmental impact.
- Certification: Certificate and report to showcase validated findings.