23-24 January, Brussels
Workshop: matchmaking between cities and investors #JourneyToParis
5 December 2015, Paris
A closed workshop on connecting low carbon projects in cities to investors.
COP21 Journey to Paris
This event is part of our #JourneyToParis.
Meet the people who are creating your zero carbon future at events leading up to the UN climate change summit in Paris — or at our official side events during COP21 at Le Bourget and in central Paris in December 2015.
This event takes place at the Cities and Regions pavilion (workshop room), COP21 Green Zone (Le Bourget), from 5:30 to 6:30pm.
The workshop will elaborate how to best create matchmaking opportunities between cities seeking access to finance for their low-carbon projects and investors that look for bankable city-level projects. The discussion will focus on a concrete public transportation project in the city of Balikpapan (Indonesia) that has been submitted under the ICLEI-led Transformative Action Program (TAP) to flag it to potential funders. South Pole and Gold Standard will present a pre-feasibility assessment for this project and its suitability for result-based finance. Starting from this project, the participants will discuss lessons from TAP, the WWF Earth Hour City Challenge and a CDP project on how to enable matchmaking between investors and cities.
- Renat Heuberger, CEO, South Pole Group
- Victor Gancel, Program Manager Low-Carbon City Lab, Climate-KIC
- Maryke van Staden, Program Manager Low Carbon Cities, ICLEI
- Head of Environmental Affairs, City of Balikpapan
- Sarah Leugers, Director, Marketing and Communications, Gold Standard
- Kaveh Rashidi, PhD student, South Pole Group
- Carina Borgström Hansson, Global Lead Earth Hour City Challenge, WWF
- Juliette Daniels and Katie Walsh, CDP, Cities Managers
For more information please contact .