A closed workshop on connecting low carbon projects in cities to investors.
This event takes place at the Cities and Regions pavilion (workshop room), COP21 Green Zone (Le Bourget), from 5:30 to 6:30pm.
The workshop will elaborate how to best create matchmaking opportunities between cities seeking access to finance for their low-carbon projects and investors that look for bankable city-level projects. The discussion will focus on a concrete public transportation project in the city of Balikpapan (Indonesia) that has been submitted under the ICLEI-led Transformative Action Program (TAP) to flag it to potential funders. South Pole and Gold Standard will present a pre-feasibility assessment for this project and its suitability for result-based finance. Starting from this project, the participants will discuss lessons from TAP, the WWF Earth Hour City Challenge and a CDP project on how to enable matchmaking between investors and cities.
- Renat Heuberger, CEO, South Pole Group
- Victor Gancel, Program Manager Low-Carbon City Lab, Climate-KIC
- Maryke van Staden, Program Manager Low Carbon Cities, ICLEI
- Head of Environmental Affairs, City of Balikpapan
- Sarah Leugers, Director, Marketing and Communications, Gold Standard
- Kaveh Rashidi, PhD student, South Pole Group
- Carina Borgström Hansson, Global Lead Earth Hour City Challenge, WWF
- Juliette Daniels and Katie Walsh, CDP, Cities Managers
For more information please contact COP21@climate-kic.org.