Grow your start-up online with the latest tools and tactics
Digital marketing is essential for any start-up looking to scale their business and increase their visibility.
Organised in collaboration with Trinity College Dublin, Tangent and Pannon Pro Innovations , EIT Climate-KIC invites you to attend an insightful two-day masterclass in Budapest with marketing expert Tibor Farkas.
Who should attend?
This Masterclass is designed for entrepreneurs, founders and those responsible for the marketing function of an organisation.
- Learn how to effectively market your business and grow your business using the latest tools and channels
- Recruit talent for your company as you will be networking with participants from the world’s largest climate summer school, Journey
- Hear first-hand practices from a Climate-KIC start-up about how to grow the team and expand
This two-day interactive and fast moving masterclass will teach you everything you need to know to market your business effectively. Covering tools and channels such as Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube, email marketing, Google analytics and Adwords, you will work to develop your start-up’s digital marketing strategy, create your online profile, and gain insights from start-up successes in your field. The programme ends with a networking session with participants on the journey programme, the world’s largest climate summer school, which provides an opportunity to recruit talent for your company.
Participants will be co-creating the masterclass with us. Attendees will be asked in advance to select 3 of the 6 topics below that they would like to cover in more depth, applying the tools to your business throughout. You will also have the opportunity to meet with Tibor on a 1-1 basis to discuss your start-up needs in more detail.
- Website – the foundation of the digital presence. UX considerations, content, structural and creative aspects. CMS opportunities. Working with web developers (briefing).
- E-mail marketing. When and how to make an impact? Databases. GDPR. Newsletters vs. spamming. Contact the clicker.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Free solution or useless effort? How do people search? Factors, rules, results. Panda, Penguin, Hummingbird.
- Adwords (GA). Advertising on the web. Banners and SERP ads. Settings, keywords, ad scores. Re-marketing as the ultimate tool. PPC, CTR, CPA.
- Social media. Word-of-Mouth, viral campaigns, influencers. Organic reach and advertising on Facebook, Instagram. B2b vs B2C considerations. LinkedIn tricks and tips. How to use content: content calendar.
- Google Analytics vs Facebook Insight. Settings, goals and KPIs.
Tibor Farkas is an executive level marketing professional for 25+ years. He worked as a Managing Director at McCann (clients: Nestlé, Gillette, Unilever, OPEL, GE) and as a Business Development Director at Ernst & Young. Since 2003 he works as an independent consultant, trainer and tutor. He has been teaching Marketing related (MBA) courses at several universities (CEU, Corvinus etc.)
Please register individually for this Masterclass. Places are limited and early application is advised.
The event is free for EIT Climate-KIC Accelerator participants and will take place in Budapest, Hungary (exact venue to be confirmed shortly).