SHARE THIS JOB
How will you help us achieve our strategy, Transformation in Time?
At Climate-KIC We are here to create change in complex systems, and you are here to be part of the team that empowers people to change systems, delivering a prosperous, inclusive, climate resilient society with a circular, net-zero economy.
To deliver our strategy, we need a wealth of talent to work together across our innovation objectives. As a Productivity and Experience Manager, you are working in Enabling Services, who together enable the organisation to deliver innovation that creates the change we have committed to, meet our funders’ needs, and support our partners and community to work seamlessly alongside us.
Enabling Services are here to ensure we reach innovation outcomes as seamlessly as possibly, to minimize the time taken to manage our grants, and to support the organization to deliver our projects more effectively. We need to do this flexibly and scaleably across a portfolio that changes as we engage new demand owners, secure new funders and rise to new challenges. Professional delivery through the lifecycle of grant funding is a key capability our organisation needs throughout our work to deliver our strategy, and Enabling Services are core to this capability.
The Productivity and Experience Manager role partners with the business to surface and understand the needs of the business, realise and maintain technology solutions related to our digital workspace, productivity and online collaboration. As a Productivity and Experience Manager you work with all aspects of the application lifecycle, from strategy formation and technology investigations, over requirement gathering, implementation and delivery through support, to decommissioning. You ensure that strong ITIL based governance framework, processes and tools are in place, managing change requests and support model as well as stakeholders and vendors.
Which team will welcome you?
You will be welcomed into the Enabling Services community, who provide the professional services needed to run our business, from finance and operations, to legal and procurement. Within Enabling Services, you will work in the Tech team, partnering up with the organisation to provide technology and digital enablement.
You have outstanding capabilities in:
- Digital workspace strategy: Developing and implementing Climate-KICs digital workspace and productivity strategy as your basis for delivering hardware, end user computing, communication and collaboration solutions that are well-formed and appropriate for business needs.
- IT Architecture: Designing and implementing an infrastructure architecture that seamlessly supports Climate-KICs application landscape and end user computing and utilises existing platforms to deliver the right quality solutions at the right price – being pragmatic yet ambitious.
- Technology: Strong expertise in Office365, SharePoint and Azure, with an understanding of the technology landscape, licensing models and roadmap. You are an Office365 and SharePoint administrator.
- IT service management: Strong ITIL skills, and a proven ability to deliver IT service management both through managing 3. party vendors and with internal capabilities. You have an ITIL foundation certification.
- Security and compliance: You understand GDPR requirements and can design and implement solutions that are both secure and compliant, as well as manage security incidents. You set policies and advice on security and compliance in using digital workplace tools.
- IT procurement: We follow public procurement rules, which requires both a strong understanding of the IT deliverables procuring for, the ability to translate that into a tender that optimize on both price and quality, and a structured and disciplined approach. You have experience leading IT procurement activities within your domain at all levels of complexity.
- IT Vendor management: Managing our IT vendors and suppliers to ensure the right quality of services and deliverables is part of optimizing our budget and finding cross functional synergies. You need experience of managing multiple suppliers and a diverse cross-organisational project team.
- Change management: Strong experience with IT changes management and continuous improvements of IT infrastructure within a structured governance.
- Business analysis: You will be helping teams across the organisation to understand their business and requirements though business process mapping and business analysis, requirement gathering and specification to define the scope and success criteria of a project
- Communication: You will be working with many different people across the organization, at times of high pressure. Your communication capabilities are vital to ensure your stakeholders are bought into the work we do together, understand complex processes, and work effectively with you.
- Collaboration: In Enabling Services, we work across many different teams in the organisation, often at times of pressure. Working in collaboration means understanding the needs of the people you are working with, AND ensuring they understand your needs. It requires a joint commitment which you need to broker to ensure that we get the job done, and achieve the outcomes we need.
You have good capabilities in:
- Leadership: We are working in a fast-moving environment, with multiple needs, sometimes in conflict with each other. Your leadership is an essential ingredient in our success – inspiring the teams you work with, supporting your colleagues, showing the way, providing constructive challenge, and taking bold decisions. Through your technology thought leadership you will set the agenda and lead the way on our productivity and collaboration activities.
- Project management: Procuring and implementing new IT solutions are complex projects with hard deadlines and defined outcomes. Being able to plan and manage projects and stakeholders is a capability that underpins your success. You need a minimum of two years IT project management work experience.
- Negotiation: There are rarely easy answers in what we do. The combination of innovation ambition and grant funding terms and conditions creates tension. Negotiating through this, and reaching solutions that enable us to achieve our innovation objectives and at the same time meet or exceed our funders’ expectation, is a skill you will use every day.
- Taking initiative: Continuously improve and identifying opportunities for learning: the way we do things and the user experience
- Prototyping and experimenting: Looking for opportunities to improve how we work, leverage our technology platforms, and find efficiencies that can be shared across the organisation.
Typical tasks may include:
- Implement new solutions and maintain and develop existing solutions
- Provide support, advise and train users
- Supplier Management and Service Delivery Management
- Prepare roadmaps and architecture for productivity platforms and applications and hardware and keep aligned with the IT strategy and roadmap
- Identify user needs and translate requirements into specifications
- Be the interface between third party suppliers and Climate-KIC users to ensure business requirements are understood and delivered.
- Ensure technology suppliers deliver against agreed SLAs and targets.
- Provide technical advice and support to colleagues and teams
- Design, develop, implement and continually improve service management processes and procedures
- Management of starter/leaver process including providing IT induction to starters
- IT asset management including maintaining CMDB and procurement of hardware and
- SharePoint Governance – administration, supporting SharePoint site collection administrators and key users to implementation and optimization of SharePoint
- Keeping up to date with the Office365 roadmap and understanding how that fits with the organization
- Day to day IT incident and problem management
- Provide and schedule training for Climate-KIC staff
- Develop, maintain and improve security and compliance of infrastructure and productivity suite
- Create and implement IT policies and procedures to complement the tools that we use
- Lead procurement and deployment activities on current and new IT technologies and services
- Ensure that our infrastructure and productivity suite suite meets the security requirements and GDPR rules (and own the DPIA artifact)
- Develop and engage the Office365 super user group
What will our teams rely on you for?
As well as the typical tasks outlined above:
- Coordinating deliverables and solutions across different IT platforms.
- Effectively engaging and collaborating with programme teams and enabling teams to understand their roadmaps and strategies. Translating that into tech requirements and involving the right colleagues in the Tech team in understanding and implementing.
- Mature processes and improve implementation methodologies and operating models, including ITIL processes such as asset management, incident and problem management, change management, test and training methodologies as well as tooling.
- Contribute creatively to developing and implementing the IT strategy and roadmap, including emerging technologies.
- Sparring and advice on IT security and compliance, providing policy formulation and audit replies
You bring the following mindsets:
- Proactive, service-oriented attitude
- Engagement and enthusiasm with both business and technology
- Technical and structured mindset
- Problem solver, bringing creative solutions to complicated problems.
- Ability to keep the big picture in mind while focusing on the detail and complexities of implementation
- Analytical with attention to detail and ability to learn quickly and structure information to support decision making and planning.
- System thinking – observing and responding to technology and business interconnectivity
- Diplomatic, seeking ways to resolve often difficult questions within the framework of policies, procedures and compliance.
- Resilience; saying no respectfully but firmly; holding the line on compliance, rules, regulations, whilst being creative.
- Optimistic with a can-do attitude
Please note that candidates must have the right to work in the EU prior to applying for the position.
Our application and recruitment process
Climate-KIC values diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic background.
Your application should be written in English and consist of:
- a full curriculum vitae
- a covering letter describing briefly how your profile, skills and experience meet the criteria outlined in the person specification, and outlining your interest in and vision for the role.
- your current salary
- where you saw this role advertised.
Please send your full application using the “apply now” button above. You should state your full name, followed by the role for which you are applying for in the subject line of the email. The deadline for receipt of applications is 23.59 GMT on the date published on the job advert.
Receipt of your application will be acknowledged by email.
Your application will be reviewed on or around the closing date for the vacancy for which you have applied. If your application is shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted directly by Climate-KIC.
Candidates invited to a first interview, will be notified of the outcome and informed about next stages if they are successful.
NB/ This advertisement will be taken down from the website after the closing date so it is a good idea to copy and keep the text for reference to use should you be invited to interview.