Explore your business idea
Do you want to explore climate entrepreneurship?
Start with us today and join our pre-incubator programme while working or studying!
Climate-KIC offers the Greenhouse pre-incubation programme to starting entrepreneurs who have a climate business idea and the motivation to make it happen.
You will find tailored workshops, a community of climate entrepreneurs, and the support to further develop your idea and create or improve your business plan.
We believe that entrepreneurial thinking needs to be fostered, that is why we created the Greenhouse: a place for those who want to become entrepreneurs and are ready to get started with a concrete idea.
Who can apply?
Our pre-incubation candidates come from a broad spectrum of interdisciplinary backgrounds. We are accepting both students and professionals and offer equal opportunities to all nationalities, gender and age groups. It is a pre-incubation program, which means that you can explore your business idea besides a job or study.
For us, your idea and the right motivation is what counts. Teams with two or more members are preferred.
The Greenhouse call for the Nordic countries and Benelux is now open.
Interested teams can apply between until 30 August 2019 (midnight) for Nordic countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden) and Benelux countries (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg).
The Greenhouse provides support such as coaching, workshops and access to events.
- Up to 6 months support and €2500 in funding
- Professional business coaching
- Working for developing your business model
- Access to a motivated and dynamic community of likeminded individuals
- Ways to measure your climate relevance
- Access to workspace and infrastructure
In Your City
The Greenhouse programme is offered at more than ten European locations in total.
- Bulgaria: Cleantech Bulgaria
- Finland: Aalto University
- France: Agoranov
- Hungary: Pannon Pro Innovations Ltd
- Ireland: Trinity College Dublin
- Italy: ASTER and Hub Innovazione Trentino
- Latvia: RTU Design Factory
- Netherlands: TU Delft
- Norway: Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
- Poland: Dolnośląska Agencja Rozwoju Regionalnego S.A.
- Spain: Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Universidad Politécnica de Valencia
- Sweden: Chalmers University of Technology and Lund University
- Switzerland: Climate-KIC Switzerland and ETH Zurich
- United Kingdom: Edinburgh Centre for Carbon Innovation (ECCI), Imperial College London and Birmingham TBC
At least one member of the project group should live close to the location in order to be able to physically attend the coach meetings. We are constantly expanding our network and aim to announce additional locations soon.
* Please note that not all the locations offer both calls
- We offer you career-enhancing qualifications of the highest quality, designed to extend and deepen your knowledge. You will receive coaching from experienced coaches, who are specialised in start-up support, located in the best academic institutions across Europe.
- Climate-KIC provides you with unrivalled professional opportunities. Our combined network of academic institutions and innovative corporations provide a unique opportunity to realise your career aspirations and extend your professional contacts.
- You always have great ideas, but you lack the skills to turn them into reality? We can give you the skills to be able to commercialise your climate change idea.
- You are tired of standardised education and want to be able to sharpen your own solutions for the climate challenge? We are dedicated to helping you explore and realise your own vision through mentoring and practical support.
Network and community
- You become part of an unprecedented, active and influential network of entrepreneurs, businesses, regional governments and academic institutions.
Contact us to find out how you can join next year’s programme.
Testimonials from our start-ups
In this video we highlight the experience of Filip Wawrzyniak from BerlinGreen, a start-up that designs smart indoor gardens for your home and office:
Another start-up that is growing thanks to Greenhouse is Façade Brew, a start-up that develops sustainable vertical greening systems for buildings: