Investing in our future: Is time the most potent prism for climate action?
Current economic paradigms of growth and industrialisation need to move towards circular and natural capital. Central to shifts towards long-term thinking is understanding how society values time. To achieve such a fundamental shift will require systemic interventions which cannot be reached through one avenue alone but through a collective effort. Moreover, systemic impact can only be realised through a holistic and long-term approach within our social systems.
Together with a cohort of expert partners that form the Long Alliance, our approach focuses on five areas of action. By combining these areas we can leverage the systemic impact towards more long-term oriented behaviours, mindsets and actions:
- Exploring new types of governance and rule-setting to redesign institutional structures
- Empowering individuals in decision making through data transparency and capability building
- Harnessing the power of collective movements to democratise rulemaking
- Working with social and cultural narratives through exploring alternative concepts of time
- Redefining notions of value using frontier technological prototypes
Find out more about our work in the stories below. If you are interested in becoming a challenge owner, partner or funder, contact us at email@example.com