Join the first webinar in the new Enabling Smarter Cities (ESC) series, on Thursday 23 August at 16:00-17:30 BST.
Smart city solutions and their benefits have gained more recognition recently, but the implementation of such solutions is often complicated. A significant volume of knowledge and experience are available which isn’t being exchanged effectively between cities.
The ESC project aims at providing different stakeholders with the necessary understanding of these solutions for making justified decisions and taking action to drive these solutions forward. ESC is planning a series of webinars from the introduction of opportunities and challenges around Smart City projects, to more specific issues that the cities are facing such as governance, finance and data security.
Experts from different fields from all over the world will join and support us in delivering the content to our audiences including decision makers, procurers, planners, practitioners, city advisors and manufacturers.
- George Percivall Chief Technology Officer and Chief Engineer of the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC)
- Giulio Quaggiotto EIT Climate-KIC Community Management Director
- Roli Martin Head of Strategic Partnerships in Exeter City Futures
- Christoph Mazur Lead of Enabling Smarter Cities, Smart and Sustainable districts core team member, Research Fellow at Imperial College London
- Mandana Moshrefzadeh Research Associate at Technical University of Munich
- Current Smart City Solutions, Challenges and Barriers – Christoph Mazur & Mandana Moshrefzadeh
- Interoperability Reference Architecture for Smart Cities – George Percivall
- Role of Governance and communities in Smart City Projects – Giulio Quaggiotto
- Role of Finance in Smart City Projects – Roli Martin
- Introducing the project “Enabling Smarter Cities” – Christoph Mazur
Please fill in this short pre-webinar survey. In this survey we would like to know more about the areas you are interested in and expect to hear more about in this webinar. Your input will help us to shape the content of the webinar in a way which benefit all of us.