14 November | 15:00 – 16:30
Meeting room 12
Innovation and leadership by non-state actors are critical for accelerating the pace and scale of the transition to a low carbon and resilient economy. This event will bring together leading companies, investors and subnational governments to demonstrate to policy-makers that implementation of the Paris Agreement is already underway. Alongside this, panellists will discuss what the barriers are to accelerating action and implementation further, and how these should be overcome.
This event will demonstrate to policy-makers that innovative action by the real economy means that implementation of the Paris Agreement is already firmly underway. Policy-makers should feel encouraged to show greater ambition.
15:00 Welcome & opening remarks
- Dr. Kirsten Dunlop, CEO, Climate-KIC
- Bertrand Piccard, Initiator and Chairman of the Solar Impulse Foundation
15:30 Panel Discussion with different sectors: investors, companies, cities
Moderator: Paul Simpson, CEO CDP
- Katherine Neebe, Director of Sustainability, Walmart
- Eric Olson, Senior VP, BSR
- Ed Wells, Head of Policy, Global Markets, Infrastructure and Sustainable Finance, HSBC
- Emmanuelle Pinault, Head of City Diplomacy, C40
16:20 Closing Remarks and Wrap up
Kirsten Dunlop, CEO, Climate-KIC
Contact: Andrea Karpati