Topic : Spatial Planning in Urban Water Management
Register now for a unique coached programme for experienced professionals!
Location: Budapest, Hungary
A two-day programme for professionals who aim to deliver sustainable growth, implementing spatial policy in local, national and international level to mitigate sustainable water management.
In this short course, we will provide you with skills and knowledge about sustainable urban water management. In two days, you will gain insight on climate impacts on water resources, urban water aspects of climate policy, the Water Framework Directive, current EU water governance and management approaches, stormwater management and the role of spatial planning.
The competences that the course will develop includes, but is not limited to sustainable urban planning, applying mitigation and adaptation strategies, analytical skills related to environmental protection, interdisciplinary thinking, problem-solving in relation current climate change challenges.
Upon completion of the course, you will:
- Be familiar with current innovative urban stormwater management and wastewater treatment approaches
- Learn about water cycles, climate impacts, EU governance and the Water Framework Directive
- Be prepared to design sustainable water management strategies
- Gain insights into mitigation and adaptation processes on regional and local levels
- Learn how to engage stakeholders from different sectors through best practices
- Address specific issues related to your own organisation & projects
- Become part of an world-class network of professionals and researchers within the Climate-KIC community
Experts in the field of urban water related areas of sustainable development and planning including spatial planners, local and regional decision-makers, public administration professionals, environmental experts, NGOs.
The full course fee for each 2-day course is €800 and covers:
- All programme activities
- Refreshments and lunch
- Group dinner
Participants will need to cover their own travel costs to/from the location, as well as accommodation. Discounts can apply to participants from NGOs, public authorities and Start-ups. Please contact the local project manager of each edition to make sure to benefit from a 50 per cent fee reduction if you fall into one of the afore mentioned categories.
Take advantage of a 20 per cent early-bird reduction by applying before 12 October 2015
The deadline for applications is 6 November 2015
Contact: In case of questions, please contact Orsolya Barna on email@example.com or call +36 (1) 793 1974.