Under the auspices of EIT Climate-KIC, the Slovenian EIT Climate-KIC Hub organizes a series of events under the common name “Days of EIT Climate-KIC in Slovenia”. This cycle aims at presenting activities of the Slovenian Hub and promoting innovative solutions in the field of climate neutrality.
The circular economy has become a central theme in Europe’s development agenda. Where are the opportunities in Slovenia and how can we seize them? This event will take a closer look at the circular economy in the context of the new European Development Perspective and review some innovative practices in our region.
The European Green Deal underlines that the transition to a circular economy is essential to promote green development, to achieve climate neutrality and to create new jobs, in short, to achieve the priorities of the new European perspective. What is the role of communities (cities, regions) in the transition to a circular economy? What policies, solutions, tools, and financial mechanisms are available? Who will be the change agents and stakeholders? What practices and solutions have already been implemented in Slovenia?
The event is aimed at all those who are interested in the circular economy, who are facing challenges and who are looking for new solutions and approaches in the management of businesses, cities and other communities. The event will present insights from experts in the field of European policies and mechanisms to promote the circular economy, as well as from experts and representatives of international circular economy projects.
10:00 – 11.30 – Presentations:
- Opening video – Kirsten Dunlop, Director of the EIT Climate-KIC
- Presentation of the EIT Climate KIC in Slovenia – representative of the E-Source
- Circular Economy for European Recovery – Cliona Howie del Rio, Head of Circular Economy, EIT Climate-KIC
- Promoting the circular economy in the framework of the EIT Climate-KIC RIS Programme – Annalisa Spalazzi, Head of the EIT Regional Innovation Schemes (RIS) Programme
- European platform for circular economy and networking in the context of the Slovenian signpost – Ladeja Godina Košir, Founder and Director of Circular Change, President of CG ECESP
- Deep demonstrations – A systems approach to the transition to a circular economy – Kim Turk Mehes, EU Funding Advisor, EIT Climate-KIC
- European Circular Cities Initiative – Igor Kos, Consultant, Wcycle Institute
11:30 – 13:30 – Practical Examples:
- Increasing the efficiency of water use and reuse in urban areas of Central Europe (CITY WATER CIRCLES project) – Anja Prislan, E-zavod and Matej Levstek, Mariborski vodovod, javno podjetje, d.d.
- New circular economy business models for more sustainable urban construction (CINDERELLA IN URGE projects) – mag. Nuša Lazar, NIGRAD, komunalno podjetje, d.o.o.
- Urban Soil for Food (URBANSOIL4FOOD Project) – Brina Lazar, Municipality of Maribor
- Development of the Circular Economy in Kranj (Project CITYCIRCLE) – Marija Ahačič Premrl, Municipality of Kranj and design of the Centre for Circular Economy – Matjaž Berčon, Komunala Kranj, d.o.o.
- International Cluster for Circular Construction – mag. Vladimir Gumilar, Director of the Slovenian Construction Cluster