Citizen Engagement Towards Sustainable Cities event
MOTION is a collaboration between the Transformative Innovation Policy Consortium (TIPC) and the European Institute of Innovation and Technology Knowledge and Innovation Community (EIT Climate-KIC). It focuses on developing and testing an innovative methodology to progress transformative change.
In 2021, we have an opportunity to listen to what citizens and activists want to say about their cities and to build a “down to earth” conversation about two Motion projects: Sustainable Urban Shared Mobility (SUSMO, in Bologna) and Adaptive Cities Through integrated Nature-Based Solutions (ACT on NBS, in Madrid). This event will increase the interaction between project representatives, activists and citizens, as it will bring the opportunity for each stakeholder to have a space to raise efforts and concerns towards sustainability transformations.
Main benefits of attending
- Learn how citizens in different European locations incorporate their concern for sustainability in their everyday activities.
- Explore what two specific initiatives: SUSMO and ACT on NBS are doing to transform cities.
- Understand how citizen engagement plays a role in policy initiatives.
- Citizens in different European locations who are interested in sustainability transitions.
- EIT Regional Innovation Scheme (RIS) Hubs, partners, organizations and stakeholders from Europe.
- Practitioners interested in learning about citizen engagement.
- Policymakers, authorities and program owners at national, regional, and local levels.
EIT Community New European Bauhaus: Hackathons information session
EIT Climate-KIC at Innovate4Climate 2022
Ecosystem orchestration fostering sustainability transitions in European peripheral Regions
Global Climathon Days