Applications Open for Stage One
If you want to build a better future, start-up your business with us!
Are you deeply involved in entrepreneurship, passionate about environmental issues with a special insight on climate change? If you are bold enough to cultivate a green idea and committed to hard work, apply now. We offer the opportunity to make it happen!
Climate-KIC’s Start-Up Accelerator Program is managed in Italy by ASTER in collaboration with Hub Innovation Trentino – HIT and Trentino Sviluppo S.p.A. The Programme aims to develop climate change knowledge and promote innovation in mitigation and adaptation, fostering cleantech business in Italy.
Stage 1 of the programme offers the fundamentals to build your business model upon. This stage helps start-ups to find their market niche, develop a financial model and map out how to scale up their business.
Who is eligible?
The program is open to business ideas and / or entrepreneurial projects / start-ups already active in the low-carbon economy who meet the following characteristics:
- Founders or aspiring entrepreneurs in a team of at least two people but resident in Italy
- Start-ups with a legal entity established starting from 1st January 2015 and legal/operational headquarters in Italy
The Programme will take place mainly in Emilia-Romagna but the winners will also have access to “taylor made” services offered by ASTER, Trentino Sviluppo and HIT.
Assessment is based on the following criteria:
- Innovative character of the products / services offered
- Good commercial viability
- Climate impact of the products/technology/services offered, i.e. positive impact in terms of reducing emissions or improving adaptability and resilience to climate change
Those selected will have access to our coaching services, training events, master classes and financial contributions. They also have access to Climate-KIC’s network of alumni, contacts, events and communication channels.
The deadline for applications is 9 April 2018 at 13:00.