The EIT Regional Innovation Scheme accelerates climate innovation across Europe. EIT RIS facilitates connections into our established EIT Climate-KIC innovation hubs, currently in nine countries, which in turn act as a bridge into our pan-European network.
Serbia joined the EIT RIS network in 2016. Our local partner, the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Serbia, is an independent, non-governmental, business association with a strong network of partners, both nationally and internationally. In Serbia, the focus of our activities is on nurturing and further developing the nascent cleantech ecosystem in the country. Serbia also functions as our gateway into the Western Balkans.
- Center for circular economy – CirEkon
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Serbia
- Science technology park Nis
- Climate innovation Hub
Over the next three years, we aim to build an active and vibrant ecosystem of professionals, businesses and citizens that will drive the shift towards a regenerative, circular society. Creating a functioning ecosystem of passionate people who enable the transition to a circular, carbon-free, regenerative economy and society by working from the bottom up while influencing decisions from the top down. Another aim of the Hub is to ensure visibility of the EIT Climate-KIC community and raise awareness of EIT Climate-KIC activities and collaboration opportunities for local organizations in education, business and research. Using the systems innovation approach developed by EIT Climate-KIC, the Hub aims to create a functioning clean technology ecosystem on a multi-year basis.
Projects and Strategic Programmes:
- Climathon Belgrade researched and offered solutions to the challenge that befell Serbia this summer more intensively than ever-excursion waste – the contradiction of destroying the beauty of the greenery we got of or the sake of that beauty. In particular, the teams competed in solving the challenge “Excursionwaste.Technologiesintheservice of raising eco-awareness”
- Young Innovators – by offering students the tools and skills they need to become changemakers and lead systemic innovation in the new world, we want to give the next generation the best possible chance to achieve that goal.
- Future Cities of Southeast Europe – the project is designed to address multiple societal challenges in an integrated, holistic way to create a network of 100 climate-neutral cities by2030.
- Balkan Circular and Climate Innovation Beacons (ecosystem development) – aims to establish centers (Beacons)to trigger circular innovation and business and supply chain management implementation. Beacons will launch novel circular economy services for small and medium-sized enterprises. Our main goal is to create a unique ecosystem that would support innovative thinking and a circular economy boost.
- ClimAccelerator Beyond
- Journey – is the largest summer school for innovation and entrepreneurship to address climate change. It offers a unique combination of climate knowledge and hands-on business experience.
- Cross-KIC Western Balkans
Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Serbia
c/o EIT Climate-KIC Hub Serbia
11000 Belgrade, Serbia
Tel: +381 11 4149 456
For more information do not hesitate to contact the EIT Climate-KIC RIS team:
Annalisa Spalazzi, RIS Programme manager. Annalisa.Spalazzi@climate-kic.org
Karin Kubackova, RIS Ecosystem Manager for Central and Eastern Europe. Karin.Kubackova@climate-kic.org
Beatriz Camacho-Ávila, RIS Ecosystem Manager for Southern Europe. Beatriz.Camacho@climate-kic.org
Mila Ocalir Krivokapic, Western Balkans developer, Mila.Krivokapic@climate-kic.org