The EIT Regional Innovation Scheme accelerates climate innovation across Europe. EIT RIS facilitates connections into our established EIT Climate-KIC innovation hubs, currently in nine countries, which in turn act as a bridge into our pan-European network.
Romania has been part of the EIT RIS network since 2014. With the Timis Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture as the Hub coordinator, we are working with a partner involved in a strong regional network spanning large companies, SMEs and regional authorities.
Our network of Members and Partners:
- The Oeconomica Timisiensis Foundation (FOT), having as sole founder the West University of Timisoara, has been part of the EIT RIS network since 2016, as a member of the EIT Climate-KIC Romanian Hub, becoming a full partner of EIT Climate-KIC in 2017. According to its purpose – promote the values of culture, science and civilization through the development of a public-private partnership, involving the alumni of the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration of the West University of Timisoara and representatives of the socio-economic environment in the country and abroad – the FOT manages education and acceleration projects within the EIT Climate-KIC country portfolio.
- Starting 2021, Romania Hub expanded, four members joined our community, as together we are working to accelerate the transition to a zero-carbon economy!
UrbanizeHub is a community of passionate and involved people built through a collaborative platform, a HUB of ideas, opinions and projects on intelligent cities and sustainable urban development. Our aim is to create a community of visionary, responsible and action-oriented people, specialized in different fields, who are willing to contribute towards our goal – sustainable cities which offer a better quality of life for their inhabitants. As a hub member of EIT Climate-KIC Romania, we utilize our expertise and network in order to accelerate the transition to the climate-resilient, zero-carbon towns and cities of the future.
- North-East Regional Development Agency (NE RDA) is a non-governmental, non-profit organization of a public utility, that develops strategies (including the regional strategy for Smart Specialization through Innovation), attracts resources, identifies and implements financing programmes and offers services for stimulating sustainable economic development, and partnerships. NE RDA is actively involved in strengthening the administrative and institutional capacity of local actors in the region’s transition to a low-carbon society and economy.
- Valea Jiului Development Society is a community of civic citizens that acts in 4 main directions: (1) economic and social development, (2) education and culture, (3) nature and environment, (4) solidarity and philanthropy.
- Launched back in 2012, Impact Hub Bucharest supports the development of entrepreneurial and innovative initiatives with positive impact through coworking spaces, growth and incubation programmes, conferences and events and also an online platform to digitize the support for entrepreneurs and make it available nationwide. Impact Hub Bucharest is part of the global Impact Hub network that has over 100 locations on 5 continents. Impact Hub Bucharest has an active role in both the innovation ecosystem as a connector and facilitator, but also in the entrepreneurial ecosystem as an events and acceleration programs organizer.
- Pioneers into Practice is a mix of E-learning, Workshops, Projects, Coaching and Placements, Pioneers connects professionals across Europe and provides a one-of-a-kind, transformative learning experience.
- The Journey is Europe’s largest summer school for innovation and entrepreneurship to address climate change. It offers a unique combination of climate knowledge and hands-on business experience.
- ClimateLaunchpad is the world’s largest green business idea competition. Its mission is to unlock the world’s cleantech potential that addresses climate change.
- Climathon is a global 24-hour climate change hackathon that takes place simultaneously in major cities around the world every year. It attracts innovators, entrepreneurs, students and professionals to come together to create innovative solutions to climate challenges.
- The Accelerator Programme offers coaching, training, technology validation in 14 EU countries. Selected start-ups benefit from up to €50,000 in seed funding — financial support with no equity taken — exposure to customers, partners and investors as well as access to an extensive relevant international network.
- Circular Economy Beacons general orientation is systemic CE innovation and implementation. The plan is to bridge gaps between innovation centers, businesses, and policymakers. The plan, likewise, is to close the knowledge and experience gaps in the following years in countries that CE Beacons connect.
- Reboost – A Boost for Rural Lignite Regions – The project aims to support stakeholders in three European lignite regions (Lusatia in Germany, Eastern Greater Poland in Poland, and Gorj in Romania) to explore new economic possibilities and ultimately, to shift away from brown coal towards more sustainable options.
Timis Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture
c/o EIT Climate-KIC Hub Romania
Victoriei Square, no 3
300030 Timisoara, Romania
For more information do not hesitate to contact the EIT Climate-KIC RIS team:
Annalisa Spalazzi, RIS Programme manager. Annalisa.Spalazzi@climate-kic.org
Karin Kubackova, RIS Ecosystem Manager for Central and Eastern Europe. Karin.Kubackova@climate-kic.org
Beatriz Camacho-Ávila, RIS Ecosystem Manager for Southern Europe. Beatriz.Camacho@climate-kic.org
Mila Ocalir Krivokapic, Western Balkans developer, Mila.Krivokapic@climate-kic.org