SHARE THIS JOB
EIT Climate-KIC is a knowledge and innovation community established in 2010 and funded by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), a body of the European Union. Our purpose is to tackle climate change through innovation.
We are Europe’s largest public-private partnership with this purpose. At the heart of our endeavour is a pan-European community of innovators and changemakers eager to work on tough challenges, willing to engage in ambitious and unorthodox experiments, and committed to collective learning.
We bring together large and small companies, scientific institutions and universities, city authorities and other public bodies, start-ups, and students. With over 380 formal organisational partners from across 26 countries, we work together on innovation to mitigate climate change and to adapt to its unavoidable impacts. We are united by a commitment to direct the power of creativity and human ingenuity at climate change.
Our mission is to catalyse systemic change for climate action through innovation in areas of human activity that have a critical impact on greenhouse gas emissions – cities, lands, materials and finance – and to create climate-resilient communities. Our Theory of Change is focused on empowering people to change systems – through exploration, experimentation and demonstration – to enable viable alternatives at scale.
At the heart of our approach is ‘systems innovation as a service’ whereby we create a space for a portfolio of strategic innovation options and experiments, oriented around structural levers of change, designed with and for problem owners.
We act as a multi-sided platform, working across boundaries and across sectors, fostering innovation as a catalyst for transformation. We work together with problem owners, like city and regional governments, industry owners and directors, community organisations and policy makers, to orchestrate a portfolio approach to innovation interventions. We facilitate the creation of innovation consortia. We challenge and seek to enrich business model design. We offer tailored support for experimentation, implementation and scaling. We provide funding. We incubate very early stage ideation and pre-seed innovation with a view of contributing to systemic change. We place an emphasis on education as a driver of behavioural change through new skills and capabilities and on policy innovation. We run programmes for students, start-ups and innovators across Europe via centres in major cities and regions, convening a community of excellence in people and organisations.
Purpose of the role
In order to deepen its impact, EIT Climate-KIC has selected a handful of particularly strategic programs to scale. Broadening our outreach in order to trigger behavioral change is a key target, and a new communication is therefore set-up to support this effort. You will join a dynamic and agile team of 3-4 communication specialists that act as internal delivery partners and collaborate across programme teams to communicate, promote and unify our story. We take the best aspects of governance forms, like Holacracy, and focus on activities that have an impact. We are a self-organizing team and jointly responsible for executing campaigns and experiment with new ways to communicate and reach audiences to influence behaviours. You will be part of the team’s design and delivery of impactful communication campaigns and set up ways of working as a team and across teams.
We are looking for a creative, experienced and innovative digital marketer to lead digital communication for multiple programmes and initiatives. You are a true social media advocate with a proven track record in creating compelling digital campaigns.
- Lead digital and social media communication campaigns and strategies.
- Develop social media strategies and set goals to meet programme outcomes, increase brand awareness, and online community engagement.
- Manage social media communities of followers and supporters, ensuring brand building across channels and communities.
- Manage overall digital strategy, including web presence, proactively analyzing performance and recommending actions that ensure maximum effectiveness of digital engagement and to meet campaign objectives.
- Create high-quality original and engaging social media content and digital campaigns on multiple channels and accounts (e.g. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn), manage external creative partners and agencies.
- Manage digital content placements and community activation across multiple channels and ensuring proper tracking.
- Be responsible for Ad creation like video ads, lead generation ads, dynamic retargeting ads, others.
- Analyse and report digital activation and performance to quantify the effectiveness of campaigns and drive scalable learnings.
- Be an end-to-end channel owner which includes interactive digital design and innovative creative assets, ad placement, tracking, measurement, attribution, optimization, reporting, and automation across channels.
- Stay abreast of the ever-evolving digital behaviors and trends and provide ongoing creative and strategic inspiration to the organisation.
You eat, breathe and sleep digital content. You understand what is popular, what is trending and why.
- Creative ability, and the energy and enthusiasm to promote social media engagement.
- Be passionate about our work as communicators and value creativity.
- Efficient from strategic thinking to execution.
- Proactive, tactical and creative in crafting digital strategies.
- Strong analytical skills, and logical/creative thinking.
- Organised, high attention to detail, and able to prioritise.
- A keen interest in and understanding of data and analytics.
- Team player and effective working in teams.
- Ability to remain calm, focused, and effective under stress.
- Proven experience using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and/or LinkedIn, and other social media channels, to amplify voice and engagement.
- Relevant working experience (5 years plus as an indicator) in managing and leading digital and social media strategies.
- You write and speak fluent English. A good command of Spanish, French or German is a plus.
- You have a University degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s) in journalism, communication, business, innovation, social and political sciences, climate and energy fields, or another relevant field.
- Proven track record of success in producing, planning and leading engaging and innovative digital campaigns.
- Experience in producing creative content, generating engagement and amplification, and growing digital channels and online communities.
- Experience as a brand manager on social media and social media marketing.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Tag Manager and other analytics/attribution methods and tools.
- Experience with one or more social media management tools (e.g. Hootsuite, TweetDeck).
- Social media algorithms savvy and the ability for hacks to drive build a social media presence and drive engagement rates.
- Good knowledge of website management (e.g. WordPress) and web analytics (e.g. Google Analytics).
Please note that candidates must have the right to work in the EU prior to applying for the position. The successful candidate will normally be based at the nearest EIT Climate-KIC office to where they are currently living.
Our application and recruitment process
Climate-KIC values diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic background.
Your application should be written in English and consist of:
- a full curriculum vitae
- a covering letter describing briefly how your profile, skills and experience meet the criteria outlined in the person specification, and outlining your interest in and vision for the role.
- your current salary
- where you saw this role advertised.
Please send your full application using the “apply now” button above. You should state your name followed by the role for which you are applying for in the subject line of the email. The deadline for receipt of applications is 23.59 GMT on the date published on the job advert.
Receipt of your application will be acknowledged by email.
Your application will be reviewed on or around the closing date for the vacancy for which you have applied. If your application is shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted directly by Climate-KIC.
Candidates invited to a first interview, will be notified of the outcome and informed about next stages if they are successful.
NB/ This advertisement will be taken down from the website after the closing date so it is a good idea to copy and keep the text for reference to use should you be invited to interview.