Climate-KIC is the EU’s largest public private partnership addressing climate change through innovation to build a net zero-emissions economy.
We aim to transform whole systems through innovation to build resilience and decarbonize at a fast-enough rate to reach the 1.5° target and a net-zero emissions Europe. Climate-KIC has refocused its strategy around systems transformation to reach impact at scale. Our approach is based on building an active and diverse community of organisations all working together; a careful analysis of the key levers at play across different systems (e.g. cities, land use, industry, and finance); and finally, a commitment to experimentation and rapid prototyping (to become the fastest learning organisation in the area of climate).
To achieve this plan, Climate-KIC needs talents from multiple areas of expertise and backgrounds able to bring a wide range of perspectives into the organisation. We are looking for individuals comfortable with change and keen to experiment on our own organisation first – by testing new ways of working, deep collaboration, new ways of learning and gathering business intelligence.
Our people are effectively our first ambassadors and our primary community – we expect them to role model deep collaboration across teams, countries, and organisations.
Purpose of the role
The Education Manager is responsible for implementing a series of education programmes of EIT Climate-KIC in France that empower, inspire and connect climate innovation change agents and entrepreneurs. The Education manager will also be responsible for the management and engagement of our Alumni Community and will be asked to support communication on the Education activities in France. He or she will work closely with the Education team in Mediterranean region and in Europe and will liaise with our Education partners in France.
- Coordinating the recruitment of master students
- Creating, drafting and managing a documentary set about French EIT Climate-KIC Education activities:
– Assessment of EIT Master’s degree label
– Setting up of forms and documents: posters, letters of acceptance, handbook and summer school programme
– Updating French Climate-KIC students’ database
- Organising and implementing operationally the EIT Climate-KIC events and activities in France:
– Entrepreneurship courses
– PhD Training
– The Journey
- Managing communication with:
– Directors and managers of Master’s degrees’ programmes
– Others national and regional Education teams
- Managing associated activities:
– Pre-incubation programme
– Mobility students’ management
– Meetings with partners
This list is not exhaustive and can be enriched to align with the new EIT Climate-KIC strategy and priorities.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in relevant field
- Interest in the fields of climate change, entrepreneurship, innovation and sustainability
- Autonomous, reliable and precise working attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Experience in project/programme management, education & learning and community management (appreciated)
- International working experience (appreciated)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and French (compulsory)
- Experience in implementation and operational organisation of education programs (Master’s degree and doctorate), if possible concerning climate sciences topics, with components linked to innovation, entrepreneurship or public policies. (compulsory)
- Good knowledge of academic and administrative operating of institutions of higher education (compulsory)
- A professional practice for interfacing with teachers (compulsory)
- A good knowledge of academic and administrative operating of professors teaching and research and students with a real ability for working in an international scale in the training field (appreciated)
- European experience (appreciated)
- Good knowledge of French and European Education systems
Please note that candidates must have the right to work in the EU prior to applying for the position. The successful candidate will normally be based at the nearest EIT Climate-KIC office to where they are currently living.
Our application and recruitment process
Climate-KIC values diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic background.
Your application should be written in English and consist of:
- a full curriculum vitae
- a covering letter describing briefly how your profile, skills and experience meet the criteria outlined in the person specification, and outlining your interest in and vision for the role.
- your current salary
- where you saw this role advertised.
Please send your full application using the “apply now” button above. You should state your name followed by the role for which you are applying for in the subject line of the email. The deadline for receipt of applications is 23.59 GMT on the date published on the job advert.
Receipt of your application will be acknowledged by email.
Your application will be reviewed on or around the closing date for the vacancy for which you have applied. If your application is shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted directly by Climate-KIC.
Candidates invited to a first interview, will be notified of the outcome and informed about next stages if they are successful.
NB/ This advertisement will be taken down from the website after the closing date so it is a good idea to copy and keep the text for reference to use should you be invited to interview.