Climate-KIC is the EU’s largest public private partnership addressing climate change through innovation to build a net zero-emissions economy.
We aim to transform whole systems through innovation to build resilience and decarbonize at a fast-enough rate to reach the 1.5° target and a net-zero emissions Europe. Climate-KIC has refocused its strategy around systems transformation to reach impact at scale. Our approach is based on building an active and diverse community of organisations all working together; a careful analysis of the key levers at play across different systems (e.g. cities, land use, industry, and finance); and finally, a commitment to experimentation and rapid prototyping (to become the fastest learning organisation in the area of climate).
To achieve this plan, Climate-KIC needs talents from multiple areas of expertise and backgrounds able to bring a wide range of perspectives into the organisation. We are looking for individuals comfortable with change and keen to experiment on our own organisation first – by testing new ways of working, deep collaboration, new ways of learning and gathering business intelligence.
Our people are effectively our first ambassadors and our primary community – we expect them to role model deep collaboration across teams, countries, and organisations.
Purpose of the role
The Developer Products and Services will help capture, formalize, process and monetise the information and knowledge created through the SLU impact areas, with particular focus on its flagship programmes and later stage innovation projects. The aim is to establish Climate-KIC as a leading international stakeholder actively engaged in developing systemic solutions able to transform the landscapes and their associated value chains.,
The job-holder will establish the SLU knowledge base, identify and map the strategic information in the theme activities portfolio, develop a strategic approach for building a self-sustainable offering and ideally pilot a first product or service with clear strategic fit. S/he will particularly focus on holistic and integrated landscape approaches that connect the different parts of the SLU priorities.
This individual is well connected to the other Themes (Decision Metrics and Finance, Urban Transitions, Sustainable Production Systems and Education), to the Partner Community and to the Central Business Development Team. S/he will ensure the valorisation and exploitation of the knowledge created through the SLU activities contributes to Climate-KICs self-sustainability objectives. Project information, outcomes and learnings will be made available in an appealing way to the wider Climate-KIC community and the wider public through the development of new knowledge resources, tools and services with the aim to attract additional public and private funding.
Conceptualization and Development of Products and Services Portfolio (60%)
- Capture, formalise and process information derived from multiple innovation projects; from this, develop a plan for a compelling “solution collection” to be created over time
- Lead the conceptualization, design, brainstorming and content development of new knowledge resources, tools and services to attract additional public and private funding to support achievement of self-sustainability of our activities; good integration and a good sense of collaboration will be required to leverage existing internal expertise;
- Lead the development and testing of prototypes for new products or services and respond to market feedback and customer needs to refine prototypes and to create value propositions, business models and go to market concepts to support commercialization;
- Collaborate with the Education Theme to design executive education offers, facilitation experiences, videos, and other resources to deliver key learning objectives.
- Collaborate with Central Business Development team for deploy developed products and services across Climate-KIC and for preparing bids and pitches for major donors, European and international grant applications for public funds;
- Analyse the effectiveness and success of the new products based on predefined evaluation criteria and financial revenue targets;
Develop an integrated landscape offer combining products of all SLU focus areas (40%)
- Work with all SLU team members to identify possible areas for integrated approaches beteen agriculture, forestry and food areas;
- Work with Urban transition theme to further develop the KIC offer on integrated Cities and Rural Territories approaches
- Pursue collaboration with the Decision Metrics and Finance theme on the development of the Landscape Finance lab.
- Good expertise in products and services development, with a good understanding of climate change and land use issues;
- Strong analytical skills to understand quickly a broad variety of stakeholders, sectors and curate partnerships as well as synthesise information in useful way and appealing formats for a variety of audiences.
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills with the ability to work in a team-based organization;
- Flexible, proactive, and collaborative working approach, and a good team player;
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities, strong organisational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, excellent knowledge of MS Office.
Please note that candidates must have the right to work in the EU prior to applying for the position. The successful candidate will normally be based at the nearest EIT Climate-KIC office to where they are currently living.
Our application and recruitment process
Climate-KIC values diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic background.
Your application should be written in English and consist of:
- a full curriculum vitae
- a covering letter describing briefly how your profile, skills and experience meet the criteria outlined in the person specification, and outlining your interest in and vision for the role.
- your current salary
- where you saw this role advertised.
Please send your full application using the “apply now” button above. You should state your name followed by the role for which you are applying for in the subject line of the email. The deadline for receipt of applications is 23.59 GMT on the date published on the job advert.
Receipt of your application will be acknowledged by email.
Your application will be reviewed on or around the closing date for the vacancy for which you have applied. If your application is shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted directly by Climate-KIC.
Candidates invited to a first interview, will be notified of the outcome and informed about next stages if they are successful.
NB/ This advertisement will be taken down from the website after the closing date so it is a good idea to copy and keep the text for reference to use should you be invited to interview.