SHARE THIS JOB
EIT Climate-KIC is a knowledge and innovation community established in 2010 and funded by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), a body of the European Union. Our purpose is to tackle climate change through innovation.
We are Europe’s largest public-private partnership with this purpose. At the heart of our endeavour is a pan-European community of innovators and changemakers eager to work on tough challenges, willing to engage in ambitious and unorthodox experiments, and committed to collective learning.
We bring together large and small companies, scientific institutions and universities, city authorities and other public bodies, start-ups, and students. With over 380 formal organisational partners from across 26 countries, we work together on innovation to mitigate climate change and to adapt to its unavoidable impacts. We are united by a commitment to direct the power of creativity and human ingenuity at climate change.
Our mission is to catalyse systemic change for climate action through innovation in areas of human activity that have a critical impact on greenhouse gas emissions – cities, lands, materials and finance – and to create climate-resilient communities. Our Theory of Change is focused on empowering people to change systems – through exploration, experimentation and demonstration – to enable viable alternatives at scale.
At the heart of our approach is ‘systems innovation as a service’ whereby we create a space for a portfolio of strategic innovation options and experiments, oriented around structural levers of change, designed with and for problem owners.
We act as a multi-sided platform, working across boundaries and across sectors, fostering innovation as a catalyst for transformation. We work together with problem owners, like city and regional governments, industry owners and directors, community organisations and policy makers, to orchestrate a portfolio approach to innovation interventions. We facilitate the creation of innovation consortia. We challenge and seek to enrich business model design. We offer tailored support for experimentation, implementation and scaling. We provide funding. We incubate very early stage ideation and pre-seed innovation with a view of contributing to systemic change. We place an emphasis on education as a driver of behavioural change through new skills and capabilities and on policy innovation. We run programmes for students, start-ups and innovators across Europe via centres in major cities and regions, convening a community of excellence in people and organisations.
Purpose of the role
- Leading website development and maintenance
- Transitioning website experience to reflect our “Transformation, in time” strategy
- Execute EIT Climate-KIC’s communication strategy and develop and implement a plan to deliver changes proposed in the strategy
- Working with teams across EIT Climate-KIC to develop narratives for each new project, programme and/or initiative that can be utilised to convene messages to stakeholders and shared more broadly across EIT Climate-KIC’s communication channels
- Commission and brief external agencies to develop and expand website experience, e.g. video production
- Management of EIT Climate-KIC wordpress websites, mainly climate-kic.org, incl. constant improvements, creating new pages, monitoring, partner logo placements, posting articles and press releases
- Ensure data security on website and implement new digital services with agency support
- Providing coordination, guidance, oversight and support to EIT Climate-KIC staff in their implementation of website activities
- Providing brand training for our teams and partners
- Developing the EIT Climate-KIC brand further and updating the EIT Climate-KIC brand book and branded templates
- Investigating brand questions and monitoring brand requirements from our funders
- Other tasks may be assigned
- Experienced in developing and implementing communications and marketing strategies to build profile and brand and support projects, programmes and events
- Knowledge of best practice in the areas of digital communications (and preferably, the broader fields of marketing and communications)
- Experienced in strategic brand development
- Excellent narrative writing skills in English
- Experienced in managing complex websites
- Minimum 3 years’ of experience in corporate communications
- Basic WordPress knowledge, and willingness to learn WordPress programming in more detail
- Mailchimp (or similar) experience is a plus
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Solutions focused, with a “can-do” attitude
- Fluency in English language combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills; knowledge of other European languages highly desirable
- Mature and effective conflict management
- Project management
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of management- both internally and externally
- Articulate and dynamic with highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, inspire and motivate people
- Highly adaptable, flexible and resilient: able to work effectively in ambiguity and complexity and to respond dynamically to change
- Curious, ambitious, respectful and fearless
- Ability to keep the big picture in mind while focusing on the basics of implementation
Please note that candidates must have the right to work in the EU prior to applying for the position. The successful candidate will normally be based at the nearest EIT Climate-KIC office to where they are currently living.
Our application and recruitment process
Climate-KIC values diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic background.
Your application should be written in English and consist of:
- a full curriculum vitae
- a covering letter describing briefly how your profile, skills and experience meet the criteria outlined in the person specification, and outlining your interest in and vision for the role.
- your current salary
- where you saw this role advertised.
Please send your full application using the “apply now” button above. You should state your full name, followed by the role for which you are applying for in the subject line of the email. The deadline for receipt of applications is 23.59 GMT on the date published on the job advert.
Receipt of your application will be acknowledged by email.
Your application will be reviewed on or around the closing date for the vacancy for which you have applied. If your application is shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted directly by Climate-KIC.
Candidates invited to a first interview, will be notified of the outcome and informed about next stages if they are successful.
NB/ This advertisement will be taken down from the website after the closing date so it is a good idea to copy and keep the text for reference to use should you be invited to interview.