Short course in Frankfurt: Capacity building in the field of climate change adaptation
Working on climate change adaptation
A two-day programme for professionals who aim to deliver sustainable growth, implementing climate change adaptation
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Dates: 7-8 October, 2015
This short course provides a systematic approach towards the topic of climate change adaptation. It will build up your capacity, enable you to exchange experience, and provide concrete support for making decisions and acting. Thematically the course will center on climate change consequences/ knowledge, as well as on vulnerability, adaptive capacity and adaptation measures. Find out what these terms mean for you and your municipality and how you can deal with rising issues. This will be discussed with you on the basis of existing methods and tools and concrete examples from theory and, most importantly, practice.
Partners from public authorities and businesses will join to share their examples of measures and implemented actions. Take the opportunity to exchange tangible ideas and problems you are facing with experts from different backgrounds and experienced coaches in order to develop and discuss potential solutions.
Who can join
Target group of this short-course are employees from European municipalities. The participant should have recently started or plan to become active in the field of adaptation to climate change in the near future.
- Exchange tangible ideas and problems in order to develop and discuss potential solutions
- Work in an interactive and experience-based way in order to jointly develop suitable approaches
- Learn about the key issues of climate change adaptation and profit from concrete support for decision making and acting.
- Bring your own case study to discuss with the coaches, experts and fellow participants
- Benefit from the combination of recent scientific findings with practitioner oriented case studies
- Learn how to communicate effectively: How to implement the learned aspects and developed approaches back at the workplace? How to identify the right stakeholders for communicating the learnings?
- Become part of an world-class network of professionals and researchers within the Climate-KIC community
Fees and special offers
The full course fee for each 2-day course is €800 and covers:
- All programme activities
- Refreshments and lunch
- Group dinner
Participants will need to cover their own travel costs to/from the location, as well as accommodation. Discounts can apply to participants from NGOs, public authorities and Start-ups. Please contact the local project manager of each edition to make sure to benefit from a 50 per cent fee reduction if you fall into one of the afore mentioned categories.
Take advantage of a 20 per cent early-bird reduction by applying before 3 September, 2015.
How to register
Application process is closed for 2015.