PhD Summer School in Bologna
Design for Adaptation. Resilient Urban Communities
Location: Bologna, Italy
Dates: 7 – 18 September 2015
This two-week intensive programme revolves around the challenge of adaptation towards climate change that urban communities face.
This summer school offers a learning-by-experiencing approach to design for adaptation in the context of urban communities.
You will learn to use a range of tools and methods, on the basis of case studies revolving around the Bologna region. You will also develop adaptation services and solutions for urban contexts, with a specific focus on UHI, water management, extreme events and hydro-geological risks.
In our Summer School, you will work on real-life challenges, which have emerged within the Bologna region. At the outset of the summer school, specific challenges will be presented to you. Work creatively in small interdisciplinary teams to find ways to create and implement solutions. After two weeks of intensive work, all teams will present the results to project representatives, their fellow students and an external jury.
Our Summer School in Bologna is an opportunity for you to:
- Get away from the regular work environment
- Meet people from other cultures and disciplines
- Enlarge your knowledge on adaptation services
- Engage in international networking opportunities
- Enjoy the summer in Bologna
Based in the historical Centre of Bologna, you will attend:
- Lectures, workshops, excursions and discussions
- Meet world renown experts
- Visit urban and natural environments with specific challenges
- Discuss with city representatives
- Enjoy leisure activities showcasing the sights and tastes of Bologna
The Summer School is organised by the Climate-KIC and its partner ASTER, the University of Bologna, the Municipality of Bologna and Urban Centre Bologna.
This two-week Summer School takes place from 7 until 18 September 2015 in Bologna, Italy.
Details: Download the information pack (PDF) for a full overview of the programme.
Deadline: The application deadline has already passed. We look forward to you joining one of our programmes next year! Also, please check out our Short Courses and Innovator catalyst editions in order to find other opportunities to take climate action!