Innovator Catalyst in Modena: Sustainable Mobility projects
Working on Business models for low carbon urban mobility projects
An eight day fully coached programme for professionals working on low-carbon urban mobility projects.
Location: Modena, Italy
Dates: 20 -27 November 2015
Population growth, climate change and CO2 reductions are some of the key factors that influence our life in urban areas. Mobility is a key aspect of the life in cities and needs to change significantly in order to address the changes and challenges we face. New business models and innovations regarding Sustainable Urban Mobility are necessary in order to move towards a more sustainable approach.
Join our eight-day professional training programme that will take you on a ‘Sustainable Mobility Tour’ based on experiential and in-depth learning, workshops, interactive lectures and site-visits. Address your own low-carbon urban mobility projects and develop innovative concepts to contribute towards a sustainable development of the mobility sector in your city.
Who can join
Professionals, with working experience in the mobility and transport systems, who strive to influence and activate networks and partners from the following groups:
- Government departments responsible for public policies
- Industry and Representatives
- Anyone, who could facilitate transitions
What to look forward to
The program offers a unique learning experience that will stimulate your individual projects and let you step into the exiting area of low-carbon mobility.
- Learn from an international team of experienced coaches, experts.
- Benefit from a strong focus on practical implementation within business settings and international networking
- Get acquainted to new business models that can facilitate the transformation of mobility and transport system towards sustainability
- Join a programme with an practical mutual learning approach
Objectives and outcomes
The Innovator Catalyst event in Modena should be seen as a start for ‘Sustainable Mobility Tour’. Participants will return home with a ‘Travel Guide’ consisting of a rich portfolio of theoretical underpinnings, tools, skills , observations and practical experiences. It will also include a ‘to do list’ that will help participants continue their projects but in an enhanced way so that they can factually contribute to making a difference. In particular, the 8 days programme will enable participants to:
- Gain a systemic view of current mobility challenges
- Acquire skills and competencies to overcome systemic barriers to sustainable mobility in own projects and beyond
- Interact with peers and mobility transitions experts from across Europe
- Build a solid network, become part of an active community of professionals and stimulate (international) crossovers between projects
Fees and special offers
The full course fee is €2000 which covers the programme activities, refreshments and lunch during the days, and two group evening dinners.
There is a 50 per cent discount (€1000 off) if you are from a start-up company, a non-profit organisation, or the public sector. If you are not sure whether or not you qualify for this discount, please contact us.
In addition, there is a further 20 per cent ‘early bird’ discount available for all applicants who apply before 20 September 2015.
The Climate-KIC office in Modena will provide you with helpful advice and guidance about hotel accommodation in the city. Applicants from Climate-KIC Outreach regions may also be eligible to have their travel and accommodation costs subsidised. To find out whether or not you are eligible, please contact us.
How to register
Application process is closed for 2015.