15 January 2018
Wroclaw’s Climathon: Creating a smart city
The Climate-KIC Climathon is a global 24-hour climate change event which will take place simultaneously in major cities around the world on 28 October 2016.
In Wroclaw the Climate-KIC Climathon will begin on the morning of the 28 October CET and finish on the following day. It is organised by Municipality of Wrocław and Climate-KIC to create new solutions to address our everyday problems of living in a big city, and create a smart city.
The city can be treated as ‘smart’, when it takes investment in human capital, social development, transportation, information technology, combined with a reasonable management of natural resources, social participation of residents in order to promote sustainable economic development and quality of life. We want Wrocław being such a city!
Our goal is to work out solutions together with the citizens of Wrocław addressing our everyday problems of living in a big city.
This year we want to work on two streams of issues under the Smart City:
1. Sustainable mobility, including:
a) The integration of means of transport;
b) The use of water transport in public transportation;
c) Activation of river commodity transport;
d) Environmental Logistics (parcels delivery).
2. Intelligent building, including:
a) Availability of city greenery for residents in neighborhoods with high intensity development;
b) The perfect passive public building – how should it look like?
c) Activation of the public / developers to use green solutions in housing.
Pitching to expert judges
The Climathon event will culminate in presentation of each group’s idea in front of panel members who will provide valuable feedback. The panel is comprised of different science and business experts.
Municipality of Wrocław
How to join the Climathon
How will you benefit from participating in Climathon?
- Help solve your city’s local climate challenge, and make your city more resilient to climate change
- Network with local leaders from academia, business and public authorities
- Develop your skills in public speaking, innovative thinking, prioritisation, and explore new tools and methodologies
- Join forces with other like-minded entrepreneurs and innovators
- Become a part of a global community working together to take climate action!
Register your interest now to join the Climathon global movement and drive climate action