15 January 2018
Virjaywada Climathon: Transform Vijaywada
The Climate-KIC Climathon is a global 24-hour climate change event which will take place simultaneously in major cities around the world on 28 October 2016.
In Virjaywada, the Climate-KIC Climathon will begin on the 28 October IST. It is organised by Y-Square and aims to undergo ideation that will help cultivate innovative business ideas that have minimalistic environmental impact, ahead of a forecast economy boom.
Vijaywada is the second biggest city in the State of Andhra Pradesh. The economy of Vijaywada is expected to grow by 6 times by 2025. This growth in economy will be through development of agricultural exports, tourism, industries and transportation situated in the city. The challenge is to undergo ideation that will help cultivate innovative business ideas that have minimalistic environmental impact and commit to transforming the sectors. Three key topics will be put up for the participants to address:
1. Green logistics and storage of agricultural produce
2. Transform the transportation sector through the use of IoT & Big Data
3. How to utilise the Digital Door Number Scheme to generate smarter waste collection
How to join the Climathon
How will you benefit from participating in Climathon?
- Help solve your city’s local climate challenge, and make your city more resilient to climate change
- Network with local leaders from academia, business and public authorities
- Develop your skills in public speaking, innovative thinking, prioritisation, and explore new tools and methodologies
- Join forces with other like-minded entrepreneurs and innovators
- Become a part of a global community working together to take climate action!
Register your interest now to join the Climathon global movement and drive climate action