15 January 2018
Sydney’s Climathon: How to get micro-communities to adopt electric vehicle use?
The Climate-KIC Climathon is a global 24-hour climate change event which will take place simultaneously in major cities around the world on 28 October 2016.
In Sydney the Climate-KIC Climathon will begin on the morning of the 29th October AEST and finish on the following day. It is organised by EnergyLab and the University of New South Wales to create new solutions to adopt the use of electric vehicle in micro-communities.
How to get micro-communities to adopt electric vehicle use?
The aim of Climathon Sydney is to explore how we can increase the uptake of electric vehicles in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs. Our focus is on the City of Sydney and Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs including Waverly Council, Woollahra Municipal Council and Randwick City Council.
A few key questions to keep in mind are:
-What incentives can be provided by the local governments to encourage electric vehicle uptake?
– What is the best solution to rolling out a charging infrastructure?
– What commercial opportunities can be explored and captured?
Pitching to expert judges
The Climathon event will culminate in presentation of each group’s idea in front of panel members who will provide valuable feedback. The panel is comprised of different science and business experts.
How to join the Climathon
How will you benefit from participating in Climathon?
- Help solve your city’s local climate challenge, and make your city more resilient to climate change
- Network with local leaders from academia, business and public authorities
- Develop your skills in public speaking, innovative thinking, prioritisation, and explore new tools and methodologies
- Join forces with other like-minded entrepreneurs and innovators
- Become a part of a global community working together to take climate action!
Register your interest now to join the Climathon global movement and drive climate action