15 January 2018
Low Carbon City Lab integrates new solutions
The Low Carbon City Lab first projects wave has ended. With the goal of reducing 1gtCO2 and leveraging 25B€ of climate finance by 2050, LoCaL is providing cities, corporates and investors with solutions to assess, plan, finance and evaluate mitigations actions at city level.
The following activities have been added to LoCaL’s portfolio:
- Bologna Carbon Market (BoCaM), led by CCPB, will establish a city-wide carbon market in collaboration with the city of Bologna
- Climate Financier, led by CDP, will facilitate the flow of carbon investments from private sector in worthy projects in urban areas
- 3C-Waste, led by TNO, will identify improvements in emission estimates of waste management in cities while looking for ways to account for and reflect related urban mitigation measures in national GHG inventories
- Sewage Network Combined Emissions Inventory & Monitoring (SNEIM), led by Suez, will assess GHG emissions from sewer networks
- Closing the Gap to Long Term Action (CGTLA), led by WWF, will develop project packaging tools for enabling investments for city level projects
- Carbon Track & Trace (CTT), led by NTNU, will consist in a gap analysis of GPC implementation in cities, in collaboration with the city of Trondheim
LoCaL will also exhibit its various tools and solutions on the Paris Berges de Seine event, from 12 September to 4 October 2015.