Increasing the Innovation Capacity all across Europe
The EIT Regional Innovation Scheme (EIT RIS) is a structured programme to support the integration of the Knowledge Triangle and increase the innovation capacity in areas and regions in Europe not directly benefiting from the EIT and its KICs.
In 2016, we have expanded our geographic reach from four to nine countries, each of which convenes a consortium of organisations spanning the knowledge triangle.
We currently work with partners in the following countries:
Bulgaria, Cyprus, Estonia, Latvia, Malta, Portugal, Romania, Serbia and Slovenia
Country and regional activities focus on professional education, ideation and acceleration, inter-regional activities include capacity-building, scaling and demonstration. In 2017, our partners will be looking to become involved in activities across all stages of the innovation lifecycle.
Our value add to you
The Climate-KIC EIT RIS
- Ensures EIT/KIC activity reaches all Member States and has impact throughout Europe
- Stimulates low carbon innovation in countries, regions and cities across Europe to boost the innovation capacity
- Boosts stakeholders’ role as multipliers of knowledge and expertise
- Fosters synergies and efficiency gains with Smart Specialisation Strategies (RIS3)
Get in touch with us
If you have any questions or would like to become involved please contact our EIT RIS Programme Officer directly at .
Affiliate Partners (Lead Partners)
- Building Global Innovators, IUL MIT – Portugal Accelerator
- Chrysalis LEAP
- Cyprus University of Technology
- Cleantech Bulgaria
- Centre of Excellence for Low-carbon Technologies (CO NOT)
- Faculty of Sciences and Technology / Universidade Nova de Lisboa
- Paragon Europe
- Riga Technical University
- Startup Estonia / Cleantech Forest
- Timis Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture (CCIAT)
Other involved entities