17 January 2017
Add value to your Master
Join our programme, complement the master’s degree programme you are already enrolling for and become part of a community that creates real solutions for climate change mitigation and adaptation.
The Climate-KIC Master Programme adds extra value to selected master degree programmes at our partner universities. Upon successful completion, you will receive a Climate-KIC certificate in addition to your regular degree.
- Discover how the latest climate change science is being transformed into new products and services
- Examine market drivers of climate innovation, including policy, legal and financial incentives or constraints
- Explore the potential for launching your start-up business venture with support from our business coaches and our pre-incubation programme
Want to be considered top talent in climate innovation? This programme is for you.
In order to obtain the Climate-KIC certificate you will:
- enrol at one of our partner universities in one of the specified master degree programmes
- participate in our five week climate innovation summer school
- attend our series of thought-provoking talks and seminars
- spend 30 ECTS of your master programme outside of your home university, e.g. by doing an internship or thesis research
- take complementary courses in climate sciences or entrepreneurship worth at least 12 ECTS
- write your Master thesis on a topic related to climate change and entrepreneurship
We offer you career-enhancing qualifications of the highest quality designed to extend and deepen your knowledge. You will receive tuition from the brightest academic minds in the climate change space, located in the best academic institutions across Europe.
Climate-KIC provides you with unrivalled professional opportunities. Our combined network of academic institutions and innovative corporations is a unique opportunity to realise your career aspirations and extend your professional contacts.
You always have great ideas, but you lack the skills to actually make them become real? We teach you the right set of skills to be able to commercialise your climate change idea.
You are tired of standardised education and want to be able to sharpen your own vision for climate change? We are dedicated to help you explore and realise your own vision for climate change by mentoring and practical support.
Network and community
You become part of an unprecedented, active and influential network of entrepreneurs, businesses, regional governments and academic institutions.
Graduates automatically become members of the Climate-KIC Alumni. Here you will receive access to the other community resources (entrepreneurship support, research opportunities, networks with our partners).
You will also be the first to receive opportunities from within our community including PhD positions, job opportunities, research and innovation projects and start-up matching.
Once you have been accepted into one of the study programmes below at our partner universities, you can apply for the Climate-KIC master programme.
Danish Technical University
- Engineering, Chemical and Biochemical Engineering
- Engineering in Biotechnology
- Engineering, Mathematical Modelling and Computing
- Engineering, Physics and Nanotechnology
- Engineering, Aquatic Science and Technology
- Engineering in Wind Energy
- Engineering in Sustainable Energy
- Environmental Engineering
- Univers, Environment, Ecology
The Master Label is currently running at TU Berlin with more than 40 students. In 2016, there will be no new recruitment for this programme at TU Berlin. In the future, the Master Label may become available at other German universities. We will update this information frequently.
- Civil Engineering
- Energy Engineering
- Environmental Planning
- Environmental Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Facilities Engineering
- Geodesy and Geoinformation Sciences
- Global Production Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship
- Mechanical Engineering
- Regenerative Energy Systems
- Sociology of Technology
- Urban Ecosystem Sciences
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Urban Design
- Urban Development
- Urban Management
- Water Engineering
Delft Technical University
- MSc Industrial Ecology (IE)
- MSc Strategic Product Design (SPD)
- MSc Sustainable Energy Technology (SET)
- MSc Construction Management and Engineering (CME)
- MSc Architecture, Urbanism and Building sciences
- MSc Energy Science
- MSc Science & Business Management
- MSc Innovation Sciences
- MSc Sustainable Development
- MSc Sustainable Business & Innovation
- MSc Biotechnology (MBT)
- MSc Climate Studies (MCL)
- MSc Environmental Sciences (MES)
- MSc International Land and Water Management (MIL)
- MSc Urban Environmental Management (MUE)
- MA (RCA)/MSc in Innovation Design Engineering
- MSc in Sustainable Energy Futures
- MSc Environmental Technology
- MSc in Environmental Engineering
- MSc in Hydrology and Water Resources Management
- MSc in Hydrology and Sustainable Development
- MSc in Hydrology and Business management
University of Reading
- Applied Meteorology
- Climate change and Development
- Design & Management of Sustainable Built Environments
- Entrepreneurship & Management
- Environmental Management
- Environment and Development
- International Energy Studies
- International Management
- Public Policy
- Renewable Energy: Technology and Sustainability
Chalmers University of Technology
- Industrial Ecology, MPTSE
- Infrastructure and Environmental Engineering, MPIEE
- Structural Engineering and Building Technology, MPSEB
- Sustainable Energy Systems, MPSES
- Management, Technology and Economics
- Environmental Engineering
- Integrated Building Systems
- Energy Science and Technology