7 - 8 June 2016, Trondheim, Norway
Venture Competition 2013: European Finals
22 October 2013, Poland
For the third time, the Climate-KIC Venture Competition will take place at the Innovation Festival. This year’s edition is in Wroclaw on 22 October 2013.
Are you the next winner of the Climate-KIC Venture Competition 2013?
Do you like a challenge?
Are you the most promising start-up that has the potential to become Europe’s leading firm in providing commercial solutions to climate change?
- We are looking for climate related start-ups pursuing promising business opportunities in solutions for climate adaptation and/or mitigation.
- We want convincing entrepreneurs with an innovative business plan and proof of breakthrough technology/service that has a substantial climate impact.
Twelve startup companies from Europe will pitch their startup to a jury of experienced entrepreneurs, financiers and business people. Each Climate-KIC location will choose 2 startups that can take part in the Competition.
Ventures that can participante
- Have not been incorporated for more than 3 years
- Have a team with minimum 3 Full Time Equivalents (FTEs)
- Are legally incorporated at the local registry/Chamber of Commerce
- Have the maturity similar to our Acceleration Programme Phase 3
- Have a promising, scalable solution for climate adaptation and/or mitigation
- Have developed a marketable product with a European perspective and the potential to expand globally
- Have their origin in Europe, preferably in one of the Climate-KIC locations or regions.
- Are ready to pitch to a large audience and sell their concept in a professional way
The two startup teams winning the local rounds receive:
- The honour of representing your Climate-KIC location or region on stage and advertising it your business to a large audience;
- A grant of €20.000, or – in case the start-up already received the max. funding – a voucher of € 20.000 for services at any Climate-KIC core partner in France, Germany, the Netherlands, Switzerland and the UK;
- Support from your local Climate-KIC team with the development of your business and a few sessions of pitch coaching before the finals;
The winner of the final Climate-KIC Venture Competition 2013 oin Wroclaw receives a grant of € 40.000,-. The runner-up receives a grant of € 20.000,-. And of course, you will invest this money to develop your company even further.
Both winners will get:
- Free access to a Climate-KIC Master Class
- Free access to attend a Climate-KIC start-up tour
- Free publicity support
- Entrance to the EIT Entrepreneurship Competition
How to apply?
If you want to take on the challenge of competing against Europe’s top climate startup in the Climate-KIC Venture Competition 2013, please send an email to your local entrepreneurship team. They will send you in return the application form and more information on the deadline for the local round and an outline of the process.
France – Jean Christophe Duval
Germany – Franka Birke
The Netherlands – Marjan Heijkamp
Switzerland – Anaïs Sägesser
UK – Andrew Burford
Climate-KIC Regions – Henriette Lyttle-Breukelaar