23-24 January, Brussels
Scaling up climate finance in cities #JourneyToParis
10 December 2015, Paris
An interactive high-level discussion on improving cities’ access to climate finance.
COP21 Journey to Paris
This event is part of our #JourneyToParis.
Meet the people who are creating your zero carbon future at events leading up to the UN climate change summit in Paris — or at our official side events during COP21 at Le Bourget and in central Paris in December 2015.
This event takes place December 10, Cities and Regions pavilion (Agora), COP21 Green Zone (Le Bourget), 15:00 to 16:30.
Cities represent around 70% of global CO2 emissions but they often struggle to finance their low-carbon interventions. Only a minor share of international climate finance is reaching cities. The event discusses innovative solutions to improve cities’ access to climate finance, such as matchmaking platforms, green bonds, result-based finance, pooled-finance instruments and innovation labs for city-level climate finance.
- Bertrand van Ee, CEO, Climate-KIC (Chair)
- Gino Van Begin, ICLEI, Secretary General
- Ms. Jill Grander, President, EcoStrategies, and Board of Partners, R20
- Renat Heuberger, South Pole Group, CEO
- Jean-François Habeau , Executive Director, FMDV
- Kerry Constabile, United Nations, Cities Climate Finance Leadership Alliance