26 January 2017
Ph.D. Summer School: Transforming the future built environment
7 - 18 July 2014, Netherlands
Extra chance to apply due to last minute cancellations!
Take part in this year’s two-week Climate-KIC Ph.D. Summer School ‘Transform the Future Built Environment’ from 7 – 18 July in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
The programme focuses on the challenges of sustainable refurbishment, climate impact and building technologies related to human interaction and urban stakeholders.
Innovative Prototyping & Fablabs
There will be a series of academic talks, creative transferable skills sessions, close collaboration in working with Fablabs and various inspiring workshops!
To create a sustainable built environment, you will:
- Learn and apply the latest innovative design methods
- Experiment with prototyping and fabrication technologies in Fablabs
- Be challenged to consider product and services that accelerate the adoption process
- Collaboratively engage urban stakeholders
Key note speakers include:
- Prof. dr. ir. Arjan van Timmeren, Delft University of Technology (on Urban Design & Innovative Facades)
- Prof. dr. Pieter Jan Stappers, Delft University of Technology (on Context Mapping / Value of Prototyping),
- Research Professor Peter Troxler, Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences (on revolution in the Make Industry and Fablabs)
- Prof. dr. David Keyson, Delft University of Technology (on Energy Management Systems)
- Katrin Hauser, Manager of the international Climate-KIC Flagship Building Technologies Accelerator (BTA) (on Climate-KIC, business modeling and innovation)
This is an opportunity to get away from your regular work environment, meet people from other disciplines and cultures, engage in international networking opportunities, link with overseas partner institutions, visit the North Sea Jazz Festival in Rotterdam and have a great time!
Application & Information Pack
This two-week Summer School takes place from 7 – 18 July 2014. You can download the information pack (PDF) for a detailed course overview. Due to last minute cancellations we have 5 spots left, so be quick and apply now!