We accept proposals until 5 June 2017!
Low Carbon City Lab (LoCaL) and Climate Risk Information (CRI) joint Partner day
22 June 2017, 09:45 - 16:30 • Paris, France
This event will seek to bring Climate-KIC partners working in the city space together to identify challenges and provide solutions for financing climate resilient cities.
At this Partner Day you can expect to:
• Hear what both LoCaL and CRI aim to achieve through their flagship priorities- and how you can contribute
• Connect and network with other partners working on low carbon and climate resilient cities
• Help to identify and develop synergies between ongoing projects and develop new ideas for financing climate resilient cities.
Low Carbon City Lab (LoCaL) aims to engage partners that want to:
- Influence the global agenda on unlocking climate finance for cities by providing thought leadership & knowledge related to sustainable urban infrastructure
- Mobilise cities and the financial sector to develop & implement bankable projects in cities, channel more funds into sustainable infrastructure
- Develop financial mechanisms dedicated to sustainable infrastructure projects
- Provide tools to better integrate environmental (including co-benefits of climate action) impact in urban infrastructure projects
Climate Risk Information (CRI) aims to work with the OASIS community and engage new partners that want to:
- Demonstrate the use of climate risk models and data for concrete end-user applications in the following areas: Cities, Land Use and Health
- Develop an e-marketplace for risk data and models
- Support enabling activity such as capacity-building and financial innovation
9.45 Welcome and refreshments
10.15 Welcome Speech
Updates on DMF
Introduction to the Low Carbon City Lab and Climate Risk Information Flagships
Malte Schneider, Director, Decision Metrics and Finance
Victor Gancel, Low Carbon City Lab Flagship Manager
Julie Calkins, Climate Risk Information Flagship Manager
10.55 Partner networking and speed dating
11:15 Session 1: World Café event
12.15 Reporting back on world café outcomes
12:30 Lunch and Networking
13:30 Session 2: World Café event
14:00 Reporting back on world Café outcomes
14:15 Ideation Session
15:00 Breakout sessions: LoCaL Competency Centres
16:00 Wrap-up and next Steps
Attendance to the partner day is free and open to all Climate-KIC partners and interested future partners. Registration is required to gain access to the event.
Date: Thursday 22 June 2017
Time: 9.45 -16.30
Venue: Zamansky Tower at the Université Pierre et Marie Curie
4 Place Jussieu
We are looking forward to welcoming you to a day of productive discussion and exchange!
For any further information please contact Skylar.firstname.lastname@example.org